Vendors were solicited to promote products and services to the conference attendees during the Exhibitor Showcase. SRA Program decision makers are all looking for opportunities to provide additional services to the traveling public and/or a more efficient means to continue services already provided. The list below is representative of who participated and supported Safety Rest Areas during the 2008 conference.
David B. Dahlquist, Partner
RDG Dahlquist Art Studio
316 SW 5th Street
Des Moines, IA 50309
RDG Planning and Design provides architecture, landscape architecture, interior design, lighting design, artistry, graphic design, strategic planning, urban design and comprehensive planning services.
ZOOM is an ITS technology company that has pioneered the deployment of WiFi communication, interactive kiosks and LCD monitors at safety rest areas. To support a business model that shares revenue with state DOTs, advertising and sponsorship programs were created and successfully implemented. Additionally, ZOOM created a Public / Private Partnership program that will link major rest area sponsors with state DOTs to provide needed funds for traveler information such as real time weather and traffic. Currently ZOOM is providing WiFi and related services in IA, TX, FL and MI with contracts pending in MN, NV, KS and PA.
Josh Diekmann, PE
8770 Tallon Lane NE
Lacey, WA 98516
We serve clients in public works and infrastructure, environmental management, development, and industry. We thrive on the unsolvable. Bring us your toughest challenge. We'll provide good science, design, and environmental stewardship - all with the highest level of value to our clients.
Shorepower Technologies (formerly Shurepower) is currently deploying Electrified Parking Spaces (EPS) across North America. Shorepower provides EPS for Truck Stop Electrification (TSE) as well as electric vehicles and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles. Shorepower TSE allows truck drivers to turn off their engines and plug into all weather electrical and communication outlets during mandatory rest periods. This reduces fuel costs, toxic exhaust emissions, maintenance costs and provides a better night's rest.
Verna Harbaugh, Sales Consultant
624 Lander Street
Seattle, WA 98134
Coastwide laboratories provide janitorial products and sustainable earth friendly solutions for commercial cleaning.
A self-funded state agency, TIC links Oregon motorists with businesses through highway signs, rest area advertising products, TripCheck.com listings, wireless internet connections, and staffed welcome centers. TIC also provides for the presentation of Oregon’s history and unique physical features through stewardship of the Oregon Heritage Tree and Oregon Historical Marker programs.
- Florida Department of Transportation – Safety Rest Areas (pdf 1.3 mb)
- Minnesota Department of Transportation – Grand Portage Welcome Center (pdf 2.5 mb)
- Texas Department of Transportation – Project Snapshot (pdf 1.5 mb)
- Texas Department of Transportation – Program 1 of 2 (pdf 1 mb)
- Texas Department of Transportation – Program 2 of 2 (pdf 1.5 mb)
- Washington State Department of Transportation – Free Coffee Program (pdf 105 kb)
- Washington State Department of Transportation – Strategic Planning (pdf 192 kb)
- Washington State Department of Transportation – RV Dump Stations (pdf 524 kb)
- Romtec, Inc. – Restrooms for Safety Rest Areas (pdf 5.7 mb)
Conference Program Advertisements
- Joanna Dowling, MSHP, Historical Research and Consulting
Specializing in Safety Rest Areas & 20th Century Road Building History (pdf 32 kb)
- Corporate Sponsorship to Defray Increasing Maintenance Cost,
TravelersMarketing (pdf 458 kb)
- ROMTEC America's Restrooms
Restrooms for Safety Rest Areas - Comfort, Convenience, Safety, Sustainability (pdf 511 kb)
- Parametrix: Engineering, Planning, Environmental Sciences (pdf 235 kb)