The WSDOT Planning Policy and Implementation Office developed this website to provide guidance, resources, contact information, and training opportunities to assist local jurisdictions with their Growth Management Act (GMA) Comprehensive Plan Update. For more information about when the GMA periodic updates are due for each city and county, see the Washington State Department of Commerce's (Commerce) Comprehensive Plan Update Map (pdf 1.0 mb)
A Great Place to Start GMA Process
- WSDOT's Community Planning Portal website provides access to state transportation data. You can use the portal to create a map of relevant state transportation data to incorporate in your plan, link to a city or county Fact Sheet (a summary of state transportation data for your community), or download state transportation GIS layers.
- If you can't find the data you're looking for on the WSDOT Community Planning Portal, visit the WSDOT Online Map Center for additional WSDOT geographic data and map products.
- WSDOT's Transportation Data and GIS Office provides summaries of collision, travel GIS, and instructions for requesting custom reports.
GMA Training Opportunities
Commerce's The Short Course on Local Planning Website
- Your first point of contact for state transportation information is the GMA lead for your WSDOT Region Planning Office: WSDOT GMA Contact (pdf 87 kb)
- For additional assistance or questions of statewide interest, please contact GMA Statewide Contact Karena Houser, 360.705.7876
Resources for WSDOT Plan Reviewers