We will be closing SR 99 northbound this weekend in order to install sign bridges over the highway and conduct some paving. The closure starts tonight but reopens in phases, so here's what to expect:
Tonight: SR 99 northbound closes at 9 p.m.
- Northbound SR 99 closes from South Spokane Street to the south end of the Battery Street Tunnel.
- Two local streets near the stadiums also close: East Frontage Road South (from South Atlantic Street to South Royal Brougham Way), and South Royal Brougham Way (from First Avenue South to East Frontage Road South).
- Note: the southbound SR 99 off-ramp to South Atlantic Street remains open throughout the weekend.
Saturday, 9/22: Part of highway reopens
- The local streets (East Frontage Road South and South Royal Brougham Way) reopen by the evening; exact time depends on work progress.
- The northbound SR 99 on-ramp at South Royal Brougham Way also reopens.
- SR 99 northbound reopens from South Royal Brougham Way north to the Battery Street Tunnel.
- Highway from South Spokane Street to the stadiums remains closed.
Sunday, 9/23: Limited northbound closure remains
- SR 99 northbound remains closed from South Spokane Street to South Royal Brougham Way.
- The northbound SR 99 on-ramp near the stadiums remains open.
Monday, 9/24: Closure ends at 5 a.m.
- The rest of northbound SR 99, from South Spokane Street to South Royal Brougham Way, reopens.
This closure will allow crews to install sign bridges and VMS signs over the highway that will become part of the SR 99 tunnel’s traffic management system. Closing the on-ramp and local streets will allow crews to install drainage and pave the intersection that leads to the on-ramp.