The speed limit along a 12-mile section of US 97 near Satus Pass returns to 60 mph at 10 a.m. today, Aug. 6. The speed limit has been reduced to 40 mph since July 31.
Drivers should use caution while crews working the Mile Marker 28 Fire continue accessing the highway for mop up efforts.
The Washington State Department of Transportation closed US 97 at 3:30 p.m. Wednesday, July 24, when the Mile Marker 28 Fire began to threaten the highway.
WSDOT reopened the highway on July 31 with a reduced speed limit between the Satus Creek Bridge in Yakima County and Timmer Lane in Klickitat County.
For more information:
- Call the US 97 closure hotline for updates 509-577-1617
- View current conditions on Satus Pass
- Check WSDOT traffic alerts
- Follow WSDOT on Twitter @WSDOT_SW
- View photos on Flickr
- View fire updates on inciweb
- Contact the fire Incident Management Team 509-773-7136