Payments and Billing Frequently Asked Questions

Learn more about Pay By Mail toll bills with answers to some of your most common questions.

General toll bill questions
Toll bill dispute questions

General toll bill questions 

Why did I get a Pay By Mail toll bill in the mail?
You received a toll bill in the mail because a vehicle registered to you traveled on one of these two toll facilities in Washington state:

  • SR 520 Bridge
    There are no toll booths on the SR 520 Bridge. If your vehicle is not registered under a pre-paid Good To Go! account you received a bill in the mail at the Pay By Mail toll rate.
  • Tacoma Narrows Bridge
    You received a toll bill because a vehicle registered to you drove across the Tacoma Narrows Bridge, did not pay cash at the Tacoma Narrows Bridge toll booth, or did not have a Good To Go! account at the time you traveled.

How can I pay a toll bill?
You can pay a toll bill using a credit card, debit card, check or electronic check using the following options:

  • Pay online
  • By phone: 1-866-936-8246
  • By mail: Good To Go!, P.O. Box 300321, Seattle, WA 98103
  • In person at a customer service center in Seattle, Bellevue or Gig Harbor

Cash is accepted at customer service centers only. Do not mail cash. 

What happens if I don't pay a toll bill?
Due dates are clearly listed on each bill. In general, you will receive a toll bill 14 days after initially crossing the bridge. If you fail to pay your toll bill by the due date on this bill, you should receive a second toll bill with a $5 reprocessing fee. If you fail to pay your toll within 80 days a notice of civil penalty will be assessed in the amount of $40 for each unpaid toll transaction, plus all accumulated tolls and fees.

I have a Good To Go! pass, why did I receive a toll bill?
There are several possible reasons you received a toll bill. You will need to contact customer service to resolve the problem.

You could have received a toll bill if:

  • you bought a Good To Go! sticker pass at a retail store and did not activate it by opening a Good To Go! account or adding it to an existing account
  • your Good To Go! pass was not detected and your vehicle's license plate does not match an existing account.
  • credit card information on your Good To Go! account is not up-to-date.
  • your account does not have enough money in it to pay your tolls.

If I have a Good To Go! account, can I just add money to my account to resolve my toll bill?
No. If you receive a toll bill in the mail because your account has a negative balance, you will need to call customer service at 1-866-936-8246 to resolve the bill. Simply adding funds to your account will not resolve the bill.

When can I expect to receive my toll bill in the mail?
If you do not have a Good To Go! account, the vehicle’s registered owner will get a toll bill in the mail about 14 days after crossing one of the two tolled bridges. If you travel frequently without a Good To Go! account, you will receive a bill for the first week of transactions and then a monthly statement thereafter.

What if I haven't yet received a toll bill?
If you haven’t seen a bill in the mail two weeks after your vehicle crossed one of the bridges, you should call customer service at 1-866-936-8246.

How can I update the mailing address where I receive toll bills?
If the address shown on your toll bill is not current, or if you have recently moved, you must update your address through the Washington State Department of Licensing

Can I open a Good To Go! account to pay my bill?
Yes. If you open a Good To Go! account and have unpaid Pay By Mail toll bills from the SR 520 or Tacoma Narrows bridges, you need to call customer service to have the tolls applied to your Good To Go! account.

Toll bill dispute questions 

How can I dispute a toll bill?
Vehicle owners are required to pay for travel on the SR 520 Bridge and Tacoma Narrows Bridge. For tolls to be dismissed, a vehicle owner must demonstrate one of the following:

The vehicle was:

  • sold or transferred to another party before the toll was incurred
  • reported stolen before the toll was incurred
  • leased or rented before the toll was incurred

If your vehicle falls in to one of these categories, go online to dispute the toll bill(s) electronically or complete the form included with your toll bill and submit the form and supporting documentation by mail to:

Good To Go!
P.O. Box 300321
Seattle, WA 98103

If you are not one of these options and you still believe you were charged incorrectly, please complete the toll dispute form and describe your circumstances or contact the customer service center. Please recognize you are liable for tolls if the vehicle is registered in your name when the toll charge occurred.

What if I receive a Toll Bill or Notice of Civil penalty for a vehicle or license plate that I sold?
If the plates or vehicle was sold/transferred or stolen at the time of the violation(s) included in the toll bill you may dispute the bill. 

Vehicle owners must provide Good To Go! with a copy of the official report of sale from the Department of Licensing stating that the vehicle was sold at the time of toll transaction. If you do not currently have a copy of the report of sale you can fill out the “Vehicle Information Disclosure Request” form online: and submit it by mail, email or fax. Once you receive a copy of the report of sale from DOL, please mail a copy to the Toll Enforcement Office along with a dispute form which was enclosed with the civil penalty(s).

In Washington state, vehicle owners are required to file a report of sale within five business days of transferring ownership of a vehicle, regardless of whether a vehicle was sold or traded in.

What happens if I traveled the SR 520 Bridge or Tacoma Narrows Bridge by mistake?
You are still responsible for any toll charges you have incurred.

Am I responsible for a toll bill if someone else was driving my vehicle?
Yes. As the registered owner of the vehicle, you are legally responsible for the toll charges for which you have been billed, regardless of who was driving the vehicle, unless the vehicle was stolen or sold. If you are concerned about a toll bill, please call Good To Go! customer service at 1-866-936-8246.

Do I have to pay the toll if I am not from this area? 
Yes. The highway is clearly marked advising drivers they are nearing a toll facility. Drivers of vehicles without Good To Go! accounts are mailed a toll bill to the vehicle’s registered owner within 14 days of using the tolled road. By Washington state law, a Notice of Civil Penalty is issued to the registered owner of the vehicle for failure to pay the toll bill after 80 days. If you crossed the bridge in a rental car, you will need to contact your rental car company to pay any tolls or fees associated with the bill they received.