Traffic alert: Rolling slowdowns on the viaduct May 19-26
Drivers on northbound SR 99 should plan ahead for daytime slowdowns over the next week as a movie is filmed on the Alaskan Way Viaduct. The production will film on the northbound deck the viaduct between South Atlantic Street and Western Avenue. Traffic will not be stopped, but there will be rolling slowdowns as filming moves along the structure. The slowdowns will occur during the hours listed below:
- Thursday, May 19 - 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Friday, May 20 - 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Saturday, May 21 - 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Sunday, May 22 - 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 25 - 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., and 7 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Thursday, May 26 - 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Visit the Seattle Department of Transportation's blog for additional information about the film production.