Lenora Street Pedestrian Bridge closing March 19-26 for viaduct demolition
The viaduct demolition contractor Kiewit is working their way north to south at the north end of the Alaskan Way Viaduct. This week their path takes them to Lenora Street. They will be removing a section of viaduct above the Lenora Street Pedestrian Bridge, and as a safety precaution the bridge will be closed for about six days.
Caption: The Lenora Street pedestrian bridge provides a route between Western Avenue and Alaskan Way.
During the closure, a free shuttle will provide rides between the top and bottom of the bridge.
- Hours of operation: 6 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Arrival frequency: approximately every 20-30 minutes
- Shuttle is ADA-accessible; holds 22 passengers
- Western Avenue stop location: Western Avenue just north of Lenora (east side of street)
- Waterfront stop location: Alaskan Way just north of Lenora Street (east side of street)
Other pedestrian detour options during the pedestrian bridge closure are the Bell Street Pedestrian Bridge two blocks to the north, and the Pike Street Hill Climb to the south. The Pike Place Market parking garage between Pine and Pike streets on Western Avenue also has an elevator.
Caption: Shuttle route while the Lenora Street Pedestrian Bridge is closed. Click for larger version.