for October 5-12, 2015
Update: Thursday, Oct. 8
Contact: Jeff Adamson WSDOT Communications (509) 667-2815 (Wenatchee)
- The I-90 Eastbound Winchester Rest Area remains closed through October 14 for water system rehabilitation .
- What's happening on I-90 Snoqualmie Pass ? Expect night time blasting this week. The closures will allow widening I-90 from four to six lanes.
- On the I-90 Vantage Bridge , one eastbound lane remains closed until later this fall for the repainting project - consider an alternate route or travel times.
- WSDOT Eastern Washington Twitter Feed: Just go to your twitter account, search for, and follow: @WSDOT_East and the connection is made. To set up your own account on your computer, go to www.twitter.com or download the Twitter app on your smart phone or tablet. Then watch for news from the Spokane, Wenatchee, and Yakima WSDOT Region teams.
Click on the project title to visit its web page. Work is always dependent on weather and no construction delays
Chelan & Douglas Counties
SR 207 (MP 0-4.4) Coles Corner to Lake Wenatchee State Park tree pruning
Monday through Friday, from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., expect short delays with flagger controlled traffic where a utility crew is pruning tree branches away from power lines. Work starts 9/28 and should be complete by this Friday, 10/9.
(New) US 2 (MP 64-80) Stevens Pass vegetation control.
Monday through Thursday, 7 a.m. to 3 p.m., expect short delays with flaggers and single lane traffic between the Stevens Pass summit and the Nason Creek Rest Area where our maintenance crew is mowing the shoulder/ditch vegetation before winter. Work started Wednesday and runs through next week.
(Coming next Monday) SR 971 (MP 13-15) South Lakeshore fiber installation
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., expect lane and shoulder closures when necessary as crews string fiber optic cable onto the new power poles between Minneapolis Beach and Pat and Mikes. Work starts Oct. 12 and should be complete by Oct. 20.
(Coming next Monday) US 97A (MP 223.-MP 231) Knapps Hill Tunnel maintenance
Monday ONLY, 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. The Knapps Hill Tunnel will be closed and traffic detoured onto SR 971 on the north at Pat & Mike's and south at Navarre Coulee. Local traffic to Stayman Flats will be allowed from the south, while those bound for the Tunnel Hill Zip Line will be allowed from the north. WSDOT maintenance crews will be cleaning drains, changing light bulbs and removing graffiti.
2015 Projects -
- NCR Seal 2015 -COMPLETE
- NCR Guardrail Update-COMPLETE
- NCR Sign Update-COMPLETE
- NCR Backup Power - Mtn. Passes
- US2/97-SR28-Eastmont Intersection - Dual Left Turn Lane Revision-COMPLETE
- SR 17/S of Othello-Left Turn Lanes-COMPLETE
- SR 20/Winthrop VMS-COMPLETE
- US 97A/Entiat Pedestrian Improvements-COMPLETE
- SR 281/S. of Quincy @ Rd. 9 NW-Left Turn Lanes-COMPLETE
- SR 285/CO Wenatchee Area Paving -COMPLETE
For More Information About: