- Drivers should anticipate weeknight single lane closures on SR 99.
- Sign up for e-mail updates to learn more about projects in Snohomish County.
We will install a traffic signal at the intersection of SR 99 and Gibson Road in south Everett to help reduce congestion and the risk of collisions. We also will fill in the missing links in the sidewalk system along southbound SR 99 between Lincoln Way and Airport Road. We will upgrade the existing sidewalk to meet Americans with Disability Act (ADA) standards.
Why is WSDOT
adding a traffic signal at Gibson Road and upgrading the sidewalks on southbound SR 99?
The SR 99/Gibson Road intersection has been the site of many collisions in the last five years. The new traffic signal will help control traffic flow through the intersection and reduce the risk and severity of collisions.
Improving the sidewalk system along southbound SR 99 will provide safer and easier access for pedestrians along this busy route.
The End Result
- Install a traffic signal at the SR99/Gibson Road intersection
- Complete the sidewalk system along southbound SR 99 from the vicinity of Lincoln Way to the vicinity of Airport Road
- Update existing sidewalks to meet ADA guidelines
- Widen the existing paved shoulder to 14 feet where necessary
- Improve drainage systems within the project area
- Safety - The new traffic signal will help reduce the number and severity of collisions at the SR 99/Gibson Road intersection. The traffic signal and new sidewalk will help ensure that drivers and pedestrians reach their destinations safely.
- Congestion - Drivers will be able to reach their destinations faster and easier due to improved traffic flow through the SR 99/Gibson Road intersection.
What is the project timeline?
Fall 2011 - Project design
Fall 2012 - Project advertised for competitive bidding
April 2013 - Construction began
Fall 2013 - We expect to complete construction.
Project signage will reflect the cost of construction engineering, project bid award and sales tax.
|Financial Data for PIN 109909A, 109970I
||Amount ($ in thousands)
|2003 Gas Tax (Nickel Funding)
|2005 Gas Tax (TPA)
|Pre-Existing Funds (PEF)
How can I get more information?
WSDOT Project Engineer
Phone: (206) 440-4704
back to top