***No closures planned for week of Dec. 2***
- Only minor work remains. We are trying to schedule that work around the poor weather conditions.
- Final work would have been completed the week of Nov. 18, but cold or wet weather is making that tough for our contractor to do.
- There will be no more detours.
- Crews may work Monday through Friday 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. All remaining work is weather dependent.
- Sign up for Snohomish County email updates or check the Construction Update Reports page for changes to this schedule.
Why is WSDOT
paving roughly two miles of State Route 531 from just west of the airport to State Route 9?
The pavement along this section of State Route 531 is wearing down after years of heavy traffic.
It's showing signs of deterioration and rutting, and needs to be resurfaced in order to reduce annual maintenance and repair costs, and to keep the highway safe and open for daily drivers and freight haulers.
WSDOT will grind down the old pavement, repair damaged areas and repave SR 531 from east of 43rd Ave. to just west of SR 9.
The End Result
This project will extend the useful life of the pavement and improve safety for the approximately 22,000 drivers who use this stretch of State Route 531 daily. Curb ramp areas at 67th Ave. have already been brought up to current ADA standards as part of this project.
- This project will extend the useful life of the pavement by approximately 20 years.
- New reflective lane markings will improve visibility for drivers, especially during adverse weather.
- Curb ramp areas at 67th Ave. have been brought up to current ADA standards.
What is the project timeline?
- We advertised the project for competitive bid in February 2013.
- This project was awarded to Granite Construction of Everett in April, for a bid of $1.2 million.
- ADA curb ramp areas at 67th Ave. were replaced in June.
- Grinding and repaving work begins August 25. The project will be completed this fall.
|Financial Data for PIN 153161C
||Amount ($ in thousands)
|2003 Gas Tax (Nickel Funding)
|2005 Gas Tax (TPA)
|Pre-Existing Funds (PEF)
Project signage will reflect the cost of construction engineering, project bid award and sales tax.
How can I get more information?
WSDOT project engineer
back to top