- This project is on hold until WSDOT receives funding from the state legislature to complete the design and construction.
- Drivers can sign up to receive e-mail updates about work along the SR 522 corridor and other state highways in Snohomish County.
We will replace the existing intersection at State Route 522 and Paradise Lake Road in Maltby, just north of Woodinville, with a new interchange.
Why is WSDOT
building a new interchange at SR 522 and Paradise Lake Road?
The interchange will alleviate bottlenecks that occur each day during the morning and afternoon commutes at this intersection in Maltby. It will also reduce the likelihood of rear-end collisions, greatly improving driver safety.
The End Result
We will replace the existing traffic signal with a freeway interchange. On-ramps and exits and a new bridge over the highway will result in smoother transitions between SR 522 and adjacent county roads. This will greatly improve traffic flow and driver safety.
- Safety: Building an interchange at SR 522 and Paradise Lake Road will increase traffic flow and decrease congestion. Improving flow will decrease rear-end collisions during stop and go conditions, making the roadway safer for drivers.
- Congestion Relief: A new interchange means increased flow, which will cut down on drive times and driver frustration.
- Environment: We will build detention ponds to improve water storage quality. The ponds will collect and filter dirty rain water from the highway before it is released slowly into the adjacent creeks, benefitting salmon and other wildlife. The ponds also reduce the potential for flooding in area creeks.
What is the project timeline?
Full project design, right of way acquisition, and project construction are not currently funded. If funding becomes available, WSDOT's first priority would be to complete design work for the new interchange.
Final project design, right of way acquisition, and project construction are not currently funded.
How can I get more information?
WSDOT Engineering Manager
back to top