- From 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday and Tuesday, Aug. 31 and Sept. 1, drivers may encounter occasional daytime closures of SR 3 in Belfair. Drivers will be stopped for multiple 15-minute intervals at milepost 25 near Belfair Elementary School.
- The temporary closures are needed so crews can clear traffic from the area while they safely fell a limited number of trees for highway improvements.
- For safety reasons, the work must becompleted during daylight hours without vehicles traveling through the work zone.
- Sign up for email updates that provide construction related information for drivers.
- WSDOT contractor, Ceccanti, is now working on the project. Crews will initially create stormwater ponds, walls, and a new stream crossing at Romance Hill Road.
- This widening project will extend the center turn lane and provide paved shoulders and sidewalks on both sides of SR 3. The improvements are intended to be built in two separate stages.
- Stage 1 of the project will begin at milepost 25.36 (just south of Belfair Elementary School and Theler Center) to milepost 27.08 (Ridge Point Blvd.) Stage One was awarded to Ceccanti, Inc and will begin Construction later this summer.
- The following lane restrictions are in place for when work requires traffic restrictions: Lane Restriction Hours (pdf 45 kb)
Why is WSDOT
widening SR 3 through Belfair?
Drivers routinely experience congestion, delay and sudden stops for left turns. This project will relieve congestion and improve safety for both the traveling public and pedestrians.
The End Result
The end result is a wider, safer highway with reduced congestion. Key new features include a full length two-way left turn lane, wider shoulders, and new sidewalks.
New stormwater treatment facilities will help to improve water quality in nearby waterways.
- Mobility - An improved, full-length left turn lane and revised access points (driveways) will reduce congestion and provide more efficient traffic movement.
- Safety - The project improves bicycle and pedestrian safety, improves lighting at intersections and reduces potential conflict points.
- Environment - New stormwater facilities will collect and treat highway run-off.
What is the project timeline?
- This project went out to competitive bidding April 13, 2015.
- The project was awarded May, 2015 to Ceccanti, Inc.
- Construction began July, 13 2015.
- The project will take two years to complete.
|Financial Data for PIN 300344D
||Amount ($ in thousands)
|2003 Gas Tax (Nickel Funding)
|2005 Gas Tax (TPA)
|Pre-Existing Funds (PEF)
Project signage will reflect the cost of construction engineering, project bid award and sales tax.
How can I get more information?
back to top