Above is a map of the recommended improvements for SR 202. Learn more about potential improvements on SR 202 by visiting the study publications page.
1 Sahalee Way NE
Add an additional eastbound auxiliary lane.
2 NE 50th / 218th Ave NE
Add an eastbound left-turn lane and refuge.
3 NE Ames Lake Road
Add a signal.
4 NE Tolt Hill Road
Add an eastbound left-turn lane.
- Widen shoulders from Sahalee Way NE to Evans Creek bridge just before 236th Avenue NE
- Replace guardrails. Install moveable digital speed monitors to inform drivers of the speed they are traveling in relation to the posted speed limit
- Repair or replace drainage structures
- Repair or replace stream culverts
- Repair side slopes near NE Ames Lake Road, 8th Street SE, and 292nd Avenue SE
Other recommendations that are not roadway construction projects include: a non-motorized study conducted by a local agency to further analyze bicyclist and pedestrian mobility needs; inter-agency coordination for placement of signs and pullouts; and reinforcing support for existing Commute Trip Reduction programs and policies for access management.