Guided Tour Schedule
Guests will meet their guides in the hotel lobby at 9:15am. Sturdy footwear is recommended and a selection of clothing should be packed because the weather can change suddenly. All paid attractions are the responsibility of the guest at the time of the visit and costs are subject to changes. Lunches will also be on your own, enjoy a wide variety of dining options at all destinations. Travel for the guided tour will be via light rail, monorail and foot.
Monday - July 16, 2012
- › Seattle Center Guided Tour - take the Monorail from Westlake Center (two blocks NW from the Sheraton) ($4 roundtrip). At the Seattle Center, visit as many or as few of the following attractions as you wish:
- Space Needle Observation Deck ($18)
- Pacific Science Center ($14)
- Experience Music Project ($18)
- Lunch on your own at the Center House (located in the heart of the Seattle Center).
Tuesday - July 17, 2012
- › Ride the Duck ($28) - A motorized tour of Seattle via land and sea.
This tour is available for guests and begins at 10:00 am at the Westlake Center. It is a 90-minute tour of key Seattle attractions. The Technical Tour attendees must be back to the hotel by 11:45 am for a noon departure.
- › Technical Tour for registered guests at noon
Gather in the Hotel Lobby by 11:45 am. This tour will leave the hotel at noon following the morning sessions. Highlights include a trip to the WSDOT Signal Shop in South Seattle to see equipment displays and video presentations; and a trip to the I-90 Floating Bridge where a boat will take you out to mid span for a pontoon tour, followed by a tour of the tunnel underneath the bridge where the nerve center operates. You will be amazed at the complexity of this operation. Lunch and snacks will be provided at both locations.