RSS (Real Simple Syndication) is a way for you to keep up on your favorite news and information without having to visit the Web site to see what's new. This information is viewed through a RSS News Reader more...
How Do I Use These RSS Feeds?
The first step is to choose an RSS reader . Each reader has a slightly different way of adding a new feed (also called a "channel"). In most cases, here's how it works:
- Click on the small XML button near the channel you want. You'll see a page displaying XML code.
- From your browser, copy the URL that appears in your Address Bar. For example, the URL you would copy for Northwest Region News is:
- Paste that URL into the 'Add New Channel' section of the reader. You should be all set! The RSS feed will start to display and regularly update the headlines for you.
Where do you get an RSS Reader (aggregator)?
The current versions of the Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari web browsers can process an RSS feed.
Current WSDOT RSS Feeds
News item RSS feeds update every half an hour with the latest news.
- Northwest Region - RSS
- Olympic Region - RSS
- Southwest Region - RSS
- North Central Region - RSS
- South Central Region - RSS
Other RSS feeds