Welcome to the Washington State Ferries ticketing system, called Wave2Go. For more detailed information please visit our WSF Fares page.
How do I get a ticket?
- Buy Online - A credit card or a WSF Business Account is required to complete an online purchase. Tickets for all routes with the exception of Sidney BC are available for purchase online. Click on the green Buy Now button, choose the route you are traveling, and choose the type of ticket. Tickets are generally received within minutes of purchase but spam blockers may cause delays. Keep in mind that youth and senior or disabled tickets are NOT available online or at the kiosk due to required proof of eligibility.
- Buy at Kiosk - A credit card is required to complete a purchase at the kiosk. Tickets for all routes with the exception of Sidney BC are available for purchase at a kiosk. Wave2Go kiosks are located at our terminals and offer single and multi-ride tickets for all routes. Keep in mind that youth and senior or disabled tickets are NOT available online or at the kiosk due to required proof of eligibility.
Buy at Tollbooth - Tollbooths are able to sell tickets for the route where the tollbooth is located. Tickets may be paid for with any payment type except checks. Youth, senior, or persons with disabilities should purchase their fare at the tollbooth and provide proof of age or disability to receive the discounted fare. Vehicles over 21 feet, 11 inches should also plan on purchasing their fare at the terminal as should vehicles 7 feet, 2 inches in height or vehicles that are over 8.5 feet in width.
Accepted Forms of Payment - VISA, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover Card as well as debit cards are accepted online and at all terminals. All terminals accept cash and travelers checks. WSF does not accept checks for fare payment at terminals.
Our vehicle fares are based on a vehicle's length, height, and width, as well as the distance you will be traveling on board our ferry. There are two standard vehicle categories:
1) Under 14 feet - for smaller vehicles under 168 inches in length.
2) Under 22 feet - for most regular size vehicles
* Please check your owners manual for the overall vehicle length. The point of verification is at the terminal when the ticket is attempted to be redeemed.
All tickets are good for 90 days and are non-refundable.
The Port Townsend/Coupeville route is unique, offering one-way passenger fares. On all other routes, passenger tickets are round trip. Vehicle tickets are usually purchased both ways, except for the San Juan Islands and Vashon Island routes which are round trip.
Reservations are recommended for trips between Port Townsend/Coupeville and Anacortes/San Juan Islands. Please visit Vehicle Reservations to reserve your spot.
Monthly passenger passes are available for the calendar month (the first day of the month to the last), are good for 31 round trips, and the discount (20% or higher) is based on how often you ride, not age. The monthly pass is for a single user only, and cannot be used for multiple fares on one sailing. Passengers traveling every day get the largest discount with this pass. There is no monthly pass for vehicles fares.
Travel all the time?
ReValue products are available for a number of our multi-ride and passenger products. All ReValue products are automatically replenished when a customer uses all the rides. Monthly Pass products expire after one month; multi-ride products after 90 days. Look for more information in our menu to the left.