As part of our effort to improve accountability and track performance, WSF posts on-time performance statistics for all routes each month.
Past on-time performance reports
Vessel Incident Investigations
WSF conducts formal investigations of vessel incidents to identify the causes of the incidents and how to prevent them from recurring. Managers and subject matter experts from different departments of WSF work as a team to complete these investigations.
- Investigation into the collision between the M/V HYAK and the M/Y TASYA on September 13, 2013 at the confluence of Harney Channel and Upright Channels in the San Juan Islands (pdf 1.01 MB) NOTE TO READERS: Parts of the report have been redacted due to U.S. Coast Guard regulations.
- Attachment 1: Summer 2013 Sailing Schedule (pdf 1.04 MB)
- Attachment 2: M/V HYAK Certificate of Inspection dated 04 March 2013 (pdf 733 kB)
- Attachment 3: Crew lists for M/V HYAK -Deck and Engineering - Sept. 13, 2013 (pdf 814 kB)
- Attachment 4: Tide predictions for Sept. 13, 2013 (pdf 832 kB)
- Attachment 5: Tidal current predictions for Sept. 13, 2013 (pdf 857 kB)
- Attachment 6: Captain Whaley's USCG Form 2692 and attached statement, submitted Sept. 17, 2013 (pdf 870 kB)
- Attachment 7: Captain Whaley's additional statement, submitted Sept 17, 2013 (pdf 2.64 MB)
- Attachment 8: 2nd Mate K. Hervey's written statement to WSF, submitted Sept. 13, 2013 (pdf 1.04 MB)
- Attachment 9: Harris Electronic Service Report (pdf 596 kB)
- Attachment 10: Summer 2013 Deck Schedule (pdf 1.31 MB)
- Attachment 11: Captain Whaley's 96-Hour Work/Rest History Worksheet (pdf 550 kB)
- Attachment 12: 2nd Mate Hervey's 96-Hour Work/Rest History Worksheet (pdf 1.00 MB)
- Attachment 13: Chemical and Alcohol negative test reports for operating team members (pdf 3.13 MB)
- Attachment 14: Captain Whaley's chartlet indicating her perception of the location of the M/Y TASYA (pdf 991 kB)
- Attachment 15: 1330 to 1340 detailed timeline graph (pdf 593 kB)
- Attachment 16: Fleet Track Data for M/V HYAK for Sept. 13, 2013 (pdf 811 kB)
- Attachment 17: ABS Maritime Root Cause Analysis Map (pdf 1.08 MB)
- Attachment 18: Applicable International Regulations for the Prevention of Collision at Sea 1972 (72 COLREGS) (pdf 565 kB)
WSDOT Ferries Division Fiscal Year 2012 Performance Report
Full Report (pdf 1.75 MB)
Executive Summary (pdf 540 kB)
This document from the Washington State Office of Financial Management represents the first comprehensive report on performance measures of WSF. While WSF has reported in the WSDOT Gray Notebook for ten years, this report provides expanded information on the accomplishments and completion of significant milestones related to the performance measures prescribed in RCW 47.64.360.
Continuing the Ferries Division Reform
Passenger Vessel Association Expert Panel Report Sept. 7, 2010
WSDOT Response and Action Plan Nov. 16, 2010 (pdf 2 MB)
Passenger Vessel Association WSF Governance Study Dec. 21, 2010
(pdf 2.46 MB)