We're looking for the best people to join us.
The Washington State Department of Transportation is the steward of a multimodal transportation system and responsible for ensuring that people and goods move safely and efficiently. In addition to building, maintaining, and operating the state highway system, WSDOT is responsible for the state ferry system, and works in partnership with others to maintain and improve local roads, railroads and airports, as well as to support alternatives to driving, such as public transportation, bicycles and pedestrian programs.
- Safety - Promote the safety of the public and employees at all times
- Inclusion - Ensure a wide array of perspectives, disciplines and backgrounds are represented in our outreach, decision making and workforce
- Innovation - Foster an environment of trust that encourages creativity, finding solutions for challenges and leveraging opportunities
- Integrity - Build trust with each other and our communities by being ethical, accountable, responsive and honest
- Leadership - Inspire, motivate and support to give each other the confidence to do great things
- Sustainability - Make decisions and take actions that promote the conservation of resources for future generations by focusing on the balance of economic, environmental and community needs
Welcome to WSDOT
See more videos about employment at WSDOT here.
The Washington State Department of Transportation provides and supports safe, reliable and cost-effective transportation options to improve livable communities and economic vitality for people and businesses.
Workforce development - skilled, motivated and fairly compensated employees focused on growth.
Inclusion - a workforce that looks like the diverse communities the agency serves.
Practical Solutions is WSDOT's approach to achieving its mission by identifying and solving problems, not just applying standards.
A career at WSDOT is a career where you make a difference in people's lives every day. You will help drivers get where they want to go and get there safely.
Search job openings to get started >
More than just a paycheck.
Employee benefits are not just about the kind of services you receive, but also your personal contribution to them. Washington State Government offers one of the most competitive benefits packages in the nation.
Learn more >
WSDOT provides professional assistance to all employees by actively assessing, designing, administering, delivering, funding and evaluating training and organizational development.
Check out our training opportunites
Operates and maintains 18,600 lane miles of state highways
Owns, operates and maintains nearly 3,300 bridge structures
Runs the largest ferry system in the nation that moves 24.2 million passengers and 10 million vehicles a year
Partners with 31 public transportation systems to provide more than 220 million passenger trips a year
Owns three Talgo train sets in the Amtrak Cascades fleet and manages the Palouse River and Coulee City Rail system
Manages one of the world's widest tunneling projects and the world's longest floating bridge project