4:37 p.m. Friday, May 24, 2013
Both directions of I-5 closed in Skagit County
I-5 is closed in both directions in Skagit County south of Burlington. Traffic is being diverted off southbound I-5 at Exit 230.
On southbound I-5 at Chuckanut (exit 231), a signed detour will take traffic west on SR 20, south on Best Road, east on Fir Island Road and back to the freeway at SR 534.
Southbound I-5 is closed at George Hopper Road. A detour will take traffic east on George Hopper, south on Riverside Drive and west on SR 528 back to the freeway.
Northbound I-5 has a signed detour directing traffic off at SR 534, then west on Fir Island Road, north on Best Road and east on SR 20 back to I-5. There will be no lanes closed at SR 534.
Northbound I-5 is closed at SR 538 and traffic is detoured east on SR 538, north on Riverside Drive, west on George Hopper Road and back to I-5.
To use SR 9 as an alternate northbound route, bypassing Mount Vernon, take Exit 221 at SR 534 east to northbound SR 9 to SR 20 westbound to I-5.
View the I-5 Skagit alternate route map.
Select what you want to know more about:
Find closures affecting your route
SR 522 Bothell: Crews will close one eastbound lane of SR 522 in the vicinity of Northeast 180th Street from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. for construction work.
I-90 Express Lanes:
- The I-90 express lanes will operate in the westbound directions from 7 a.m. until 7:30 p.m Saturday. The lanes will open to eastbound traffic by 8:30 p.m.
- The I-90 express lanes will operate in the westbound directions from 7 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. Sunday. The lanes will open to eastbound traffic by 3:30 p.m.
SR 524 Lynnwood: The right lane of westbound SR 524 at 44th Avenue West from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. nightly for water main relocation.
- Rock blasting is complete for the week.
Rock blasting schedule:
During rock blasting closures, crews will close I-90 in both directions from Hyak (milepost 54) to Price Creek (milepost 61), Monday through Thursday nights, an hour before sunset. This work is weather dependent and will be subject to change.
For more information, please check What's Happening on I-90 East of Snoqualmie Pass .
- Friday, May 24 to Sunday, May 26 - Northwest Folklife Festival, Seattle Center, 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily.
- Friday, May 24 - Mariners vs. Texas Rangers, Safeco Field, 7:10 p.m.
- Saturday, May 25 - Mariners vs. Texas Rangers, Safeco Field, 7:10 p.m.
- Sunday, May 26 - Mariners vs. Texas Rangers, Safeco Field, 1:10 p.m.
Check WSDOT's travel tools