7:15 p.m. Saturday, May 25, 2013
Both directions of I-5 closed in Skagit County
I-5 is closed in both directions in Skagit County south of Burlington.
Other important travel information:
- Amtrak Cascades passenger rail is available with four trips each day over the Skagit River Rail Bridge (and Amtrak Cascades Thruway Buses add ten more trips through the area). The Skagit River Rail Bridge used by Amtrak Cascades is fully functional. For schedules, reservations and tickets, people can visit www.amtrakcascades.com/or call 1-800-USA-RAIL.
- Heading eastbound to the Methow Valley? An alternate route from western Washington would be to take SR 530 to SR 20 to avoid the I-5 Skagit River bridge detours.
- WSDOT Ferries are running on schedule out of Anacortes and throughout Puget Sound. The I-5 Skagit River bridge closure has no impact on the operations of ferries. For ferry schedules you can visit www.wsdot.wa.gov/ferries/
Select what you want to know more about:
Find closures affecting your route
I-90 Express Lanes:
- The I-90 express lanes will operate in the westbound directions from 7 a.m. until 7:30 p.m Saturday. The lanes will open to eastbound traffic by 8:30 p.m.
- The I-90 express lanes will operate in the westbound directions from 7 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. Sunday. The lanes will open to eastbound traffic by 3:30 p.m.
SR 524 Lynnwood: The right lane of westbound SR 524 at 44th Avenue West from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. nightly for water main relocation.
- Rock blasting is complete for the week.
Rock blasting schedule:
During rock blasting closures, crews will close I-90 in both directions from Hyak (milepost 54) to Price Creek (milepost 61), Monday through Thursday nights, an hour before sunset. This work is weather dependent and will be subject to change.
For more information, please check What's Happening on I-90 East of Snoqualmie Pass .
- Friday, May 24 to Sunday, May 26 - Northwest Folklife Festival, Seattle Center, 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily.
- Friday, May 24 - Mariners vs. Texas Rangers, Safeco Field, 7:10 p.m.
- Saturday, May 25 - Mariners vs. Texas Rangers, Safeco Field, 7:10 p.m.
- Sunday, May 26 - Mariners vs. Texas Rangers, Safeco Field, 1:10 p.m.
Long term closures:
- I-5 Tacoma - The southbound Interstate 5 exit to South 38th Street (Exit #132A) is close through July. The detour route for the closure will direct southbound motorists to exit I-5 further south at S. 56th Street, back onto northbound I-5, and to the northbound I-5 exit to S. 38th Street.
- US 2 Bickford - The eastbound US 2 off-ramp to Bickford Avenue will remain closed until fall 2013. Drivers can exit to Bickford Avenue using a temporary exit lane near the intersection.
SR 99 Seattle:
- Two lanes of southbound SR 99 from the West Seattle Bridge to South Idaho Street will be closed for construction work through June 2014. One lane of northbound SR 99 in the same area will be closed as well.
- The The City of Seattle will reduce SR 99 to two lanes in each direction and those lanes will be shifted to the west between Valley and Harrison streets.
- The City of Seattle will close the northbound SR 99 off-ramp to Mercer Street permanently. A new signalized intersection at Republican Street and Dexter Avenue N will be available for northbound SR 99 traffic to reach South Lake Union.
- Sixth Avenue North is closed between Thomas and Republican streets for construction at the north portal of the SR 99 tunnel. Sixth Avenue North will reopen after the SR 99 tunnel opens to traffic.
- Harrison Street is closed from just west of Aurora Avenue to Broad Street for construction at the north portal of the SR 99 tunnel. Harrison Street will reopen after the tunnel opens to traffic.
- Republican Street is closed between Aurora Avenue North and Sixth Avenue North for construction at the north portal of the SR 99 tunnel. Republican Street will reopen after the tunnel opens to traffic.
SR 520 bridge drawspan openings:
Check WSDOT's travel tools: