Adopt an Airport Volunteer Forms
All four volunteer forms are combined into the following document:
Adopt an Airport Application (.doc 224 kb)
To complete each form separately, use the forms below:
Volunteer Registration Form (.doc 85 kb)
Agreement for Volunteers (.doc 113 kb)
Exhibit A (.doc 99 kb)
Participant Activity Form (.doc 135 kb)
The Adopt an Airport Program of WSDOT Aviation uses volunteer groups to help maintain the 17 state-operated airports in Washington.
Any group or organization can sign up for the “Adopt-An-Airport” program, which offers civic clubs and other groups an opportunity to contribute to their community and state while helping to preserve and enhance the state airports. Volunteers don’t need an aviation background to become involved in the program, but by helping out, they can learn what is involved in the operation of an airport and the importance of its economic value to the local community.
Past organizations and the airports they’ve adopted include:
- Washington Pilots Association, Seattle Chapter, Bandera;
- WPA Harvey Field Chapter, Easton;
- WPA Wenatchee Chapter and the Lake Wenatchee Recreational Club, Lake Wenatchee;
- Tri-cities WPA & EAA, Little Goose;
- WPA Green River Chapter and RAF, Ranger Creek;
- Washington and Idaho Back Country Pilots, Rogersburg;
- WPA Paine Field Chapter, Skykomish;
- Cessna 180/185 Owners Club, Stehekin;
- WPA Deer Park Chapter, WSPA, and RAF, Sullivan Lake;
- Drift Away Snowmobile Assoc, Tieton;
2013 State Airport Adopt-an-Airport Program Updates
WSDOT Aviation is currently updating its airport sponsors list and requests input from airport sponsors. Please contact Paul Wolf, State Airport Manager, to renew sponsorships and to schedule spring and summer 2012 work parties.
2013 Scheduled State Airport Work Parties are as follows:
- Ranger Creek State Airport – WPA Green River Chapter – Scheduled Saturday, May 11, 2013.
- Tieton State Airport – Drift Away Snowmobile Assoc. – Pending Schedule 2013.
- Lower Granite State Airport– WPA Spokane Chapter – Scheduled May 18, 2013 (9 AM)
- Little Goose State Airport - Tri-cities, WPA, EAA Scheduled Saturday June 1, 2013.
- Skykomish State Airport – WPA Paine Field Chapter – Scheduled Saturday, June 15, 2013.
- Sullivan Lake State Airport - WPA Deer Park Chapter - Scheduled May 26, 2013 (Sunday).
- Sullivan Lake State Airport – RAF, WSPA, and WPA Deer Park Chapter – Scheduled August 16-18, 2013.
- Rogersburg State Airport - Green River Chapter - Pending schedule 2013
More information, including the Adopt an Airport Application (.doc 224 kb)
is available on this site. For other information, contact Paul Wolf at (360) 651-6313 or e-mail him at: email@example.com.
2013 Current Status - Adopt-an-Airport Chapters
- Bandera (4W0) – WPA Boeing Field Chapter – Pending update under Adopt-an-Airport Program.
- Copalis – (S16) WPA Twin Harbors Chapter – Pending update under Adopt-an-Airport Program.
- Easton – (ESW) WPA Harvey Field Chapter Snohomish – Pending agreement under Adopt-an-Airport Program and schedule discussions with WPA Boeing Field Chapter on Co-Adopting Bandera. Establish volunteer activities.
- Lake Wenatchee, Leavenworth (27W) Lake Wenatchee Recreational Club – Pending caretaker agreement 2013. Review need for additional Adopt-an-Airport Sponsor and schedule volunteer activities.
- Lester – None – Inspect Summer 2013 for Heliport only. WSDOT to decide on management responsibilities.
- Little Goose, Starbuck (16W) – Tri-cities, WPA, EAA. Volunteer agreement signed April 2012.
- Lower Granite, Colfax (00W) - WPA Spokane Chapter – Work agreemented update 2012.
- Lower Monumental, Kahlotas (W09) – None – Establish Adopt-an-Airport Sponsor for 2013. Coordinate with Tri-cites, WPA, EAA. Schedule volunteer activities.
- Methow, Winthrop (S52) – None – Establish Adopt-an-Airport Sponsor 2013. Schedule volunteer activities.
- Ranger Creek, Green Water (21W) – WPA Green River Chapter – Current 2012.
- Rogersburg, Anatone (D69) – WPA Green River Chapter – Update file and volunteer activity schedule. Schedule Windcone install 2013.
- Skykomish (S88) – WPA Paine Field Chapter – Udate file – Scheduled work party 2013.
- Stehekin (6S9) – Establish agreement under Adopt-an-Airport Program. Discussions with RAF pending 2013.
- Sullivan Lake, Metaline Falls (09S) – WPA Deer Park Chapter Scheduled May 2013 work party – Update file Scheduled 2013 RAF, WSPA, WPA work party for August 2013.
- Tieton, Rimrock (4S6) – Washington State Snowmobile Association (WSSA) Update file – Work party May 12, 2012 completed. Request WPA Yakima Chapter support, possible RAF support.
- Woodland (W27) – Possible OPA adoptions, update file, schedule volunteer activity 2013.