Download the Vehicle Maintenance Planning guide (pdf 2 mb)
Contents of the Vehicle Maintenance Planning Guide:
Background on the Requirement
- What is Required?
- Who Must Have a Plan?
- Which Assets Are Covered by the Plan?
- Why is a Plan Required?
- How Were the Specific Requirements Developed?
- What Was the Role of the Washington Grantee Task Force?
What Are the Best Practices?
- What is Lowest Life Cycle Cost Methodology?
- When Are the Plans Due?
- What Will be Required in the Future?
- Where Do I Submit my Plan?
- Plan Requirements and Best Practices?
- What Does the Plan Framework Consist of?
Developing Your Plan
- What Does a Mission Statement Consist of?
- How Do I Prepare the Inventory?
- What Strategies Should be Described?
- Graduated Preventative Maintenance (PM) Program
- System to Identify, Track, and Report Maintenance, Repair, and Preservation Activities
- Process to Authorize, Direct, and Control Maintenance Activities and Costs
- Process to Oversee Work Done by Contractors
- System of Warranty Recovery
- Cost Model that Reflects Your Organization’s Policies and Standards
- Appendix A: Sample Plan Template
- Appendix B: Sample Cost Model
- Appendix C: Inventory Forms
- Appendix D:
- Sample Inspection Forms
- Sample Cutaway Inspection Sheets
- Sample Wheelchair Lift Preventative Maintenance Inspection Sheet
- Sample Semi-Annual Inspection Sheet
- Sample Pre-Trip Inspection Form
- Sample Contractor Review Checklist for Agencies With Maintenance Staff
- Sample Contractor Review Checklist for Agencies Without Maintenance Staff