Results WSDOT, the agency’s strategic plan for 2014-2017, provides the vision, mission, values, goals, priority outcomes and strategies to guide the work of the agency.
Results WSDOT Strategic Plan Brochure (pdf 149 kb)
Secretary Lynn Peterson recently released Result’s WSDOT’s “Moving Washington Forward” initial progress report. The initial progress report shows highlights for the entire plan and provides a summary of work to date on the plan’s 23 strategies and the tasks identified to implement the plan.
Strategic Plan Progress Report Executive Summary (pdf 324 kb)
How is this plan different?
- Results WSDOT represents a shift in the way we do business to get the most capacity of the entire multimodal transportation system, leverage our limited funding and engage with communities and partners.
- It places more emphasis on working across all modes. These improvements are designed to enhance our operations.
- They ensure that we meet our mission to provide and support safe, reliable, and cost-effective transportation options to improve livable communities and economic vitality for people and businesses.
Strategic Plan Presentation (pdf 534 kb)
WSDOT is implementing common-sense changes that foster efficient, effective, and accountable government for those we serve. These 10 reforms have the potential to make WSDOT even better at achieving our mission. All align with our new strategic plan Results WSDOT. Performance and Accountability through Reforms (pdf 200 kb) and an update on our progress (pdf 61 kb) .
Alignment with the Governor’s Results Washington
WSDOT’s strategic plan aligns with the Governor’s strategic framework Results Washington .
What are our next steps for implementing WSDOT’s Direction?
- The strategic plan is intended to be a living document that will be periodically updated, refined and improved.
- Results will be reported in the Gray Notebook , WSDOT’s quarterly performance report.
- WSDOT has developed implementation work plans to move WSDOT closer to achieving our desired outcomes with limited resources.
The next Results WSDOT status report is planned for release in January 2016. This report will include progress to date of each goal as well as notable results and a summary of the tasks that support the 23 strategies of the Strategic Plan.