To improve our understanding of how tolling is likely to affect low-income populations in the Puget Sound region, this report accomplishes four objectives. It
1. reviews existing research on the impacts of tolling on low-income households in the United States
2. assesses the usefulness of currently available Washington and Puget Sound data for estimating the impacts of tolling on low-income populations
3. develops a preliminary estimate of the impacts of tolling on low-income populations living in the Puget Sound region
4. suggests data collection and methodological strategies for future research that would yield better estimates of the impacts of tolling on low-income populations in the Puget Sound region and other parts of Washington state.
May 12, 2009
Robert Plotnick, Jennifer Romich, Jennifer Thacker.
Washington State Transportation Center (TRAC)
- # of Pages: 69 p., 1.64 MB (PDF)
- Subject: Tolls, Low income groups, Impacts, Research, Data collection, Estimates, Rates, fares and tolls.
- Keywords: Tolls, income, poverty, Puget Sound, tolling impact, low income households, Washington state.
- Related Publications:
This abstract was last modified January 22, 2013