A collection of reports resulting from the second year's study. Reports are entitled:
- Air Bag System by E. R. LaChapelle, C. R. Morig and P. L. Taylor
- Gas Exploder System by E. R. LaChapelle, C. R. Morig and P. L. Taylor
- Vibrator Tests by E. R. LaChapelle, C. R. Morig and P. L. Taylor
- Mechanical Resonance of Snow by J. B. Johnson
- Interface Modification Field Tests by E. R. LaChapelle
- Approximate Solutions for the Interruption of the Creep and Glide of a Snowpack by Rigid Structures by J. A. Langdon
July 24, 2007
E.R. LaChapelle, J.B. Johnson, J.A. Langdon, C.R. Morig, P.L. Taylor.
University of Washington. Geophysics Program; University of Washington. Dept. of Civil Engineering.
- # of Pages: 99 p., 2,426 KB (PDF)
- Subject: Avalanches, Climate, Control, Explosives, Roadside hazards, Snow, Snow and ice control, Weather, Winter maintenance.
- Keywords: Avalancehe, snow, weather, creep, glide, air bags.
- Related Publications: Alternate Methods of Avalanche Control - Interim Report, (WA-RD 19.1).
Alternate Methods of Avalanche Control - Final Report, (WA-RD 19.3).
This abstract was last modified April 29, 2008