Southwest Region conducts planning studies in partnership with a variety of local jurisdictions and stakeholders, including the general public. It also defines and prioritizes future transportation improvement projects in the region.
Transportation Planning is an ongoing collaborative process to develop a multimodal transportation system that:
- Supports economic vitality.
- Increases safety and security.
- Increases accessibility and mobility options.
- Protects the environment and improves quality of life.
- Enhances system integration and connectivity.
- Promotes efficient system management and operation.
- Emphasizes system preservation.