Plan ahead for SR 99 closures this weekend
Drivers should allow for extra travel time this weekend as parts of SR 99 will close through Seattle. South of the stadiums, the SR 99 Connections Project will reduce both directions of SR 99 to one lane on Saturday, June 9, so crews can dig large sign foundations for the future SR 99 tunnel.
On Sunday, June 10, the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon will close all lanes of northbound SR 99 between the West Seattle Bridge and Green Lake, along with off-ramps on Interstate 5 and SR 520. These closures will last until early afternoon.
Details for the closures:
Saturday, June 9
- 3 a.m. to 5 p.m. – Northbound SR 99 will be reduced to one lane between South Lander Street and Holgate Street.
- 3 a.m. to 10 p.m. – Southbound SR 99 will be reduced to one lane between Holgate Street and South Lander Street.
Sunday, June 10
- 4:30 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. – All lanes and ramps of northbound SR 99 between South Spokane Street/West Seattle Bridge and West Green Lake Way will be closed.
6 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.
- The northbound I-5 off-ramp to Lakeview Boulevard will be closed.
- Two left turn lanes on the I-5 off-ramp to Mercer Street will be closed.
- The westbound SR 520 off-ramp to Roanoke Street/Harvard Avenue will be closed.
- Seattle city streets are also closing for the race.
Tools to navigate traffic
Drivers can get real-time traffic information on their phone with the WSDOT traffic app, by tracking the WSDOT traffic Twitter feed, and get advanced information from WSDOT’s Seattle Area Construction Page. Please remember to never check your phone while driving.