Construction closures and nighttime noise work
This page contains SR 99 and Seattle street closures due to work on the Alaskan Way Viaduct Replacement Program. See bottom of page for other traffic resources from around the region.
SR 99 MAINLINE AND RAMP CLOSURES IN SEATTLE
Last updated: April 13, 2018
- There are no highway closures planned at this time.
LOCAL SEATTLE STREETS
Last updated: April 20, 2018
North of Denny Way
- The block of Sixth Avenue North between Harrison and Thomas streets remains in a long-term closure while crews complete north portal work.
- Continuing work at the SR 99 Tunnel's north portal includes closing individual blocks for one to two weeks at a time for street restoration work. Upcoming closures include Thomas Street near Sixth Avenue North, and Sixth Avenue North between Thomas and John streets.
- Temporary single lane and parking closures along single blocks on or near First Avenue while STP crews remove ground-monitoring equipment.
- Partner agency: SDOT - Columbia St 2-way transit corridor
South of Yesler Way
- SR 99 Connections Project: One lane of East Frontage Road is closed for construction, between South Atlantic Street and Royal Brougham Way.
- Partner agency: SDOT - Center City Connector streetcar
- Partner agency: Seattle City Light - Central waterfront transmission line relocation project
UPCOMING NIGHTTIME NOISE WORK
Last updated: March 8, 2018
SR 99 Tunnel Project
- Seattle Tunnel Partners is no longer working 24 hours a day at the tunnel's north end. Neighbors can still expect construction noise 7 a.m. - 10 p.m. weekedays and 9 a.m. - 10 p.m. on Saturdays.
SR 99 Connections Project
- No night work planned at this time.