Colman Dock ferry access
The SR 99 Tunnel and Elliott Bay Seawall projects continue to affect ferry access and traffic patterns on Alaskan Way near Colman Dock in Seattle. For most days this summer, there will be no changes to ferry access.
- Drivers heading to a ferry enter Colman Dock from northbound or southbound Alaskan Way at Yesler Way.
- Four-hour parking is available in the lot between Columbia and Marion streets. Drivers can enter this lot from Alaskan Way at Columbia Street.
- Passenger pickup and drop-off locations are on the west side of Alaskan Way between Columbia and Marion streets, and in the lot between Columbia Street and Yesler Way.
Pedestrians and bicyclists:
- Pedestrian access is available from the Marion Street pedestrian bridge and the temporary walkway from Alaskan Way at Marion Street.
- Bicyclists enter the ferry terminal at Yesler Way.
Overflow vehicle holding pattern at Colman Dock
On busy travel days this summer, drivers may need to use an on-street ferry holding lane when Colman Dock’s holding area reaches capacity. Uniformed police officers may be stationed at certain intersections on Friday afternoons and Saturday mornings to direct traffic.
- Northbound drivers will be directed to the holding lane, which runs on southbound Alaskan Way.
- Left turns from northbound Alaskan Way at Yesler Way will be limited to freight, motorcycles and vanpools only.
- Southbound drivers will enter Colman Dock at Yesler Way via this Alaskan Way holding lane.
Travelers should prepare for additional congestion along Alaskan Way and nearby streets as drivers adjust to the new configuration. Drivers headed to Bainbridge Island and Bremerton, or dropping off passengers, should arrive well ahead of scheduled sailing times or consider traveling during off-peak times.
If you have any questions or concerns about the ferry holding lane, please contact email@example.com or call the program hotline at 1-888-AWV-LINE (298-5463).
If you have questions about Elliott Bay Seawall Project construction, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 206-618-8584.