Driver alert: SR 99 closures continue through Wednesday morning, Aug. 27
Know before you go
- From 10 p.m. Friday, Aug. 22 to 5 a.m. Monday, Aug. 25, SR 99 will be closed in both directions from the West Seattle Bridge to Valley Street.
- From 5 a.m. Monday, Aug. 25 to 5 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 27, SR 99 will be closed in both directions from the south end of the Battery Street tunnel to Valley Street.
To minimize the need for additional closures, several projects are taking advantage of the SR 99 closure to complete work.
Broad Street bridge demolition: The bridge over Broad Street is now completely gone. Crews have been busy compacting fill material that will provide the foundation for the new SR 99 roadway.
Utility work at Harrison Street: Crews continue to make progress on the new sewer line under SR 99 at Harrison Street. Work is also underway to underground several electric lines.
- Allow plenty of extra travel time.
- Leave early or delay your trip to avoid traveling during peak commute periods in the morning and afternoon.
- Delay or reschedule discretionary trips.
- Consider telecommuting.
- Take King County Metro and plan for reroutes on buses that use SR 99, share a ride in a car or vanpool or walk or ride a bicycle.
- If you must drive, know before you go and use WSDOT's travel tools or visit SDOT’s travelers information page.