#99closure: Alaskan Way Viaduct is open
The Alaskan Way Viaduct is now open.
On April 29, WSDOT closed the Alaskan Way Viaduct while Bertha, the SR 99 tunneling machine, tunneled beneath the structure. After 10 days of around-the-clock tunneling, the viaduct was reopened to traffic on Sunday, May 8.
- Overview of the #99Closure (PDF 1.3 mb)
- Overview of how WSDOT and agency partners are keeping people moving during the closure (PDF 2.0 mb)
- Visit the Press Room page for the program’s latest press releases
- Check the Program News Page for latest project updates
- The Traffic Highlights page contains information about other program-related traffic impacts on SR 99