The City of Olympia and the Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) partnered on a study to determine needed improvements to preserve future mobility and access on the west side of Olympia. Based on analysis, results, and coordination efforts, the following recommendations were agreed upon:
- Advance the Hybrid interchange alternative into the next phase of project development and obtain final Interchange Justification Report (IJR) approval to begin preliminary engineering.
- Consider phasing Hybrid interchange alternative during the next phase of work effort.
This project reduces the potential for collisions and improves traffic flow.
The recommended alternative reduces traffic bottlenecks and chokepoints, while improving the flow of people and goods.
Partnerships & Cooperation
The West Olympia Access Study was conducted in partnership with the City of Olympia. The preferred alternative recommendation was developed with input from local public agencies and the community and technical and advice from study team and WSDOT staff.
This project is funded from the following sources:
- Local (City of Olympia) - $231,924
- 2005 Gas Tax (Partnership Funding) - $500,325
- Total Funding Available From All Sources - $732,249
George Kovich, Study Team Leader
Washington State Department of Transportation
PO Box 47440
Olympia, Washington 98504-7440
E-mail at email@example.com
back to top