We made approximately $3 million in improvements to help reduce collisions and improve mobility along the Guide Meridian between I-5 and Horton Road.
We targeted improvements that provided high benefits for low costs. These improvements include:
- Restricted turns.
- Centerline curbing.
- Northbound I-5 off-ramp improvements.
- Removal of the left turn lane from SR 539 into Bellis Fair at Telegraph Road.
- Widening the roadway between Bellis Fair Parkway and Bakerview Road.
This stretch of roadway is one busiest in Bellingham. High traffic volumes along with unrestricted access to a busy corridor contributed to nearly 700 collisions in the 5 years prior to the project.
Restricted turn lanes, centerline curbing, lane widening, and ramp improvementswill help reduce the number of collisions on this stretch of road.
Improvements to the I-5 off-ramp and lane widening help relieve congestion.
| Protects Environment
Increased traffic efficiency helps reduce idling and emissions.
Partnerships & Cooperation
|Financial Data for PIN 153900M
||Amount ($ in thousands)
|2003 Gas Tax (Nickel Funding)
|2005 Gas Tax (TPA)
|Pre-Existing Funds (PEF)
This project was funded with money from the federal Coordinated Border Infrastructure program.
• Pre-design and engineering: $500,000
• Right-of-way and construction: $2.75 million
• Total funding available $3.25 million
WSDOT Project Engineer
460 Stuart Road,
Bellingham, WA 98226
1043 Goldenrod Road, Suite 101
Burlington, WA 98233
back to top