- This project is on hold until we have funding to complete the design and construction.
- Drivers can sign up to receive email updates about work along the SR 522 corridor and other state highways in Snohomish County.
We will widen State Route 522 to four lanes north of Woodinville, complete the Fales/Echo Lake interchange, and make safety and environmental improvements between Paradise Lake Road in Maltby and the Snohomish River.
Why is WSDOT
widening SR 522?
We will widen SR 522 between Paradise Lake Road in Maltby and the Snohomish River to improve traffic flow and reduce commute times on this highly-congested roadway.
The End Result
We will double the number of lanes on SR 522 from a two-lane highway to a four-lane, divided highway. The wider, separated highway will provide congestion relief as well as reduce collisions that occur along this segment.
- Safety - Widening the highway to increase traffic flow and decrease congestion will help reduce the potential for rear-end collisions during stop and go conditions. This makes the roadway safer for drivers.
- Congestion relief - Doubling the capacity of this stretch of SR 522 will increase the flow and will cut down on drive times and driver frustration.
- Environment - Building detention ponds near the highway will improve water quality. The ponds hold and filter dirty highway storm water runoff before it is released into the area waterways, benefiting salmon and other wildlife.
What is the project timeline?
This project is not currently funded. The project design is 60 percent complete, but there are no funds available to complete design and construction. Environmental requirements, right of way needs, and design standards will need to be revisited when funding becomes available.
- Existing Funds - $2,801,381
- Other Agency Funds - $152,828
These funds are provided by developer mitigation.
- Total Funding Available from all Sources - $2.9 million
- Total Project Cost Estimate - $68.4 million
How can I get more information?
Engineering Manager Cathy George
back to top