View a simulated rendering of the new Eastside Transit and HOV Project:YouTube
| Windows Media Player
Evening congestion headed west on SR 520 toward 92nd Avenue NE.
SR 520 reopens after weekend construction
What's happening now on the SR 520 Eastside project?
Stay in touch
Why is WSDOT
enhancing the Eastside transit and HOV system?
SR 520 is a busy regional corridor that connects key Eastside communities, including Bellevue, Kirkland and Redmond. Population and employment have steadily grown in these communities over the past several years, leading to increased traffic and transit demand.
This rise in congestion – and a roadway designed for the 1960s – has led to frustrating commutes and unreliable transit travel times.
The End Result
The Eastside Transit and HOV Project will complete and improve the 8.8-mile HOV system from Evergreen Point Road to the SR 202 interchange.
The improved six-lane corridor will include two general-purpose lanes and one transit/HOV lane in each direction.
The Eastside Transit and HOV Project will provide transit service and mobility improvements along with environmental and community enhancements.
Planned Eastside transit service and mobility improvements:
- Regional bicycle and pedestrian path.
- Direct-access ramp to 108th Avenue NE for carpools and transit.
- Wider, safer shoulders.
- Inside transit/HOV lane through the entire Eastside corridor.
- Improvement of the Evergreen Point Road Park and Ride.
- Median transit stops at Evergreen Point Road and 92nd Avenue NE.
Environmental and community enhancements
- Fish habitat improvements.
- Noise reduction techniques.
- Stormwater treatment and detention facilities between Evergreen Point Road and 108th Avenue NE.
- New lids at Evergreen Point Road, 84th Avenue NE and 92nd Avenue NE.
What is the project timeline?
- 2010 - Completed environmental process.
- 2010/2011 - Receive permits.
- 2011 - Begin construction.
- 2013 - Open to drivers.
Project signage will reflect the cost of construction engineering, project bid award and sales tax.
This project is fully funded by a variety of state and federal sources, including SR 520 tolling that began in December 2011.
We awarded a $306 million contract to Eastside Corridor Constructors for the Eastside project.
Visit the SR 520 Costs, Funding and Tolling page for additional information.
How can I get more information?
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Hotline: 425-998-5200
Eastside Corridor Constructors
3075 112th Ave. NE, Suite 100
Bellevue, WA 98004
SR 520 program
- E-mail: SR520bridge@wsdot.wa.gov
- Phone: 206-770-3500
- Infoline: 1-888-520-NEWS (6397)
SR 520 Bridge Replacement and HOV Program
999 3rd Avenue, Suite 900
Seattle, WA 98104
back to top