View a simulated rendering of the new Eastside Transit and HOV Project:YouTube
| Windows Media Player
Evening congestion headed west on SR 520 toward 92nd Avenue NE.
Weekend SR 520 closures
- The next closure is scheduled for May 31-June 3.
- View photos from the April 20-23 weekend closure.
What's happening now on the SR 520 Eastside project?
SR 520 open houses
- Thanks for joining us in at open houses in Seattle and Bellevue!
- Open house materials are posted in our Project Library.
- Northeast Points Drive retaining wall requires around-the-clock construction
- Bellevue Way vicinity retaining wall construction requires around-the-clock work.
- 92nd Avenue Northeast lid construction requires SR 520 mainline lane closures; weeknight work continues into 2013. Check out our 92nd Avenue Northeast construction fact sheet (pdf 775 kb) for more information about how residents will be affected.
- The eastbound SR 520 92nd Avenue Northeast flyer stop (pdf 921 kb) is closed for construction. A free shuttle provides service for transit riders between Evergreen Point Road and 92nd Avenue Northeast 6:30 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Stay in touch
Why is WSDOT
enhancing the Eastside transit and HOV system?
SR 520 is a busy regional corridor that connects key Eastside communities, including Bellevue, Kirkland and Redmond. Population and employment have steadily grown in these communities over the past several years, leading to increased traffic and transit demand.
This rise in congestion – and a roadway designed for the 1960s – has led to frustrating commutes and unreliable transit travel times.
The End Result
The Eastside Transit and HOV Project will complete and improve the 8.8-mile HOV system from Evergreen Point Road to the SR 202 interchange.
The improved six-lane corridor will include two general-purpose lanes and one transit/HOV lane in each direction.
The Eastside Transit and HOV Project will provide transit service and mobility improvements along with environmental and community enhancements.
Planned Eastside transit service and mobility improvements:
- Regional bicycle and pedestrian path.
- Direct-access ramp to 108th Avenue NE for carpools and transit.
- Wider, safer shoulders.
- Inside transit/HOV lane through the entire Eastside corridor.
- Improvement of the Evergreen Point Road Park and Ride.
- Median transit stops at Evergreen Point Road and 92nd Avenue NE.
Environmental and community enhancements
- Fish habitat improvements.
- Noise reduction techniques.
- Stormwater treatment and detention facilities between Evergreen Point Road and 108th Avenue NE.
- New lids at Evergreen Point Road, 84th Avenue NE and 92nd Avenue NE.
What is the project timeline?
- 2010 - Completed environmental process.
- 2010/2011 - Receive permits.
- 2011 - Begin construction.
- 2013 - Open to drivers.
Project signage will reflect the cost of construction engineering, project bid award and sales tax.
This project is fully funded by a variety of state and federal sources, including SR 520 tolling that began in December 2011.
We awarded a $306 million contract to Eastside Corridor Constructors for the Eastside project.
Visit the SR 520 Costs, Funding and Tolling page for additional information.
How can I get more information?
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Hotline: 425-998-5200
Eastside Corridor Constructors
3075 112th Ave. NE, Suite 100
Bellevue, WA 98004
SR 520 program
- E-mail: SR520bridge@wsdot.wa.gov
- Phone: 206-770-3500
- Infoline: 1-888-520-NEWS (6397)
SR 520 Bridge Replacement and HOV Program
999 3rd Avenue, Suite 900
Seattle, WA 98104
back to top