- Friday, June 14 to the morning of Saturday, June 15 - The two left lanes of westbound SR 518 between I-5 and 42nd Avenue South will close from 10 p.m. to 9 a.m. for grinding.
- The ramp from northbound I-5 to westbound SR 518 will close from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. for grinding work. A signed detour will be in place. work.
- DRIVER ALERT: Saturday, June 15 to the morning of Sunday, June 16 - All lanes of eastbound SR 518 will close between South 154th Street and I-5 from 10 p.m. to 10 a.m. for grinding work.
- The ramp from eastbound SR 518 to northbound I-5 and I-405 will close from 11 p.m. to 6 a.m. for grinding work. A signed detour will be in place.
- The ramps to and from Airport Expressway will always remain open.
- Get complete ramp and highway closure information on the construction update report.
- Sign up for email updates about road projects.
- View photos.
In 2013 crews will improve nearly a mile of SR 518 pavement between I-5 and Sea-Tac Airport. Crews will work at night to keep traffic moving on SR 518 to and from the airport.
Why is WSDOT
improving the pavement on SR 518 in SeaTac?
The pavement on this section of SR 518 is more than 40 years old and needs an upgrade. The pavement is rough and bumpy, with severe cracks in both directions of the highway.
Crews will improve the existing pavement using a diamond grinder to smooth out the bumps and ruts. They also will replace about 50 concrete panels that are cracking and showing signs of breaking apart.
The End Result
This work preserves important infrastructure and extends the life of SR 518 pavement and provides drivers a smooth ride with more traction.
- Smoother ride with better traction and new striping.
- Preserves important infrastructure and extends the lifespan of the existing freeway pavement.
- Reduces closures for pavement patching and frees up WSDOT maintenance crews to do other important work.
What is the project timeline?
- Feb. 7, 2013 - Bids from contractors opened
- Feb. 12, 2013 - Project awarded to Guy F. Atkinson Construction, LLC
- Late spring 2013 - Start construction.
- Fall 2013 - Complete project.
Project signage will reflect the cost of construction engineering, project bid award and sales tax.
|Financial Data for PIN 151807A
||Amount ($ in thousands)
|2003 Gas Tax (Nickel Funding)
|2005 Gas Tax (TPA)
|Pre-Existing Funds (PEF)
How can I get more information?
WSDOT project engineer
back to top