- Construction on this project is postponed until spring 2017, due to weather.
- Sign up to receive email updates for this project!
- We awarded this contract to Granite Construction Company, of Vancouver, WA, on May 31, 2016.
In 2017, contractor crews working for the Washington State Department of Transportation will resurface more than seven miles of pavement on State Route 432, from State Route 4 to east of Industrial Way, near 3rd Avenue.
Crews will also replace more than 60 broken and unstable panels under the pavement surface.
Why is WSDOT
repaving State Route 432?
In addition to providing drivers with a smoother ride, this $2.5 million dollar project helps preserve SR 432, extending the life of the highway.
The End Result
This preservation and improvement work will extend the useful life of the highway, creating safer driving conditions for the thousands of travelers who use it each day.
- Safety - Improving the highway surface and helps prevent future potholes, cracks and wheel ruts, making for a smoother, safer ride for drivers.
- Preservation - Preserves infrastructure and extends the life of the highway.
- Economic - Reduces the need for costly emergency maintenance repairs and unexpected closures.
What is the project timeline?
Spring 2016: Project goes to bid for construction.
Summer 2016: Estimated construction start date.
Fall 2017: Scheduled construction completion date.
|Financial Data for PIN 400017I
||Amount ($ in thousands)
|2003 Gas Tax (Nickel Funding)
|2005 Gas Tax (TPA)
|Pre-Existing Funds (PEF)
Project signage will reflect the cost of construction engineering, project bid award and sales tax.
The project cost is part of a larger construction contract for resurfacing work on SR 4, SR 411 and SR 432 through Cowlitz and Wahkiakum Counties.
How can I get more information?
WSDOT Project Engineer
Phone: 360-442-1350 or toll free 1-800-545-1393
back to top