Phase 1 Report
The SR 302 Existing Conditions and Problem Definition Report was completed in February 2008. It describes project activities from 2007, as well as details about the study as it was originally conceived in 2007. An important change that has occurred since the report was written is the study limits have been reduced to incorporate only that part of the route between Key Peninsula Highway and SR 16. The report remains a valuable reference for understanding the baseline conditions for consideration in the environmental process. Each chapter of the report is referenced for download below.
To request a free copy of the entire document on CD-ROM, please send your contact information to SR302Study@wsdot.wa.gov.
Table of Contents
- What's the purpose of the public involvement that has been conducted to date?
- How was the public involvement conducted?
- What have we learned from public involvement process to date?
- How can this information be used in the next steps?
- What is the purpose of the transportation analysis?
- How was the transportation analysis conducted?
- What are the traffic conditions of the SR 302 corridor today?
- What traffic conditions are expected by the year 2030?
- Where are drivers on eastern SR 302 coming from and going to?
- What safety issues have been identified?
- What did we learn from the transportation analysis?
- How will this information be used in the next steps of the SR 302 Study?
- What's the purpose of developing a broad range of corridor alternatives?
- How were the corridor alternatives developed?
- What are the elements of the corridor alternatives?
- Is there an alternative that does not involve roadway construction?
- What did we learn in the development of the broad range of corridor alternatives?
- How will the broad range of corridor alternatives be used in the next steps of the SR 302 Corridor Study?
- What is the purpose of this environmental constraints assessment?
- How was the environmental constraints assessment conducted?
- What environmental constraints were identified for the study corridor segments?
- What did we learn from this environmental constraints assessment?
- How will this information be used in the next steps of the SR 302 Corridor Study?
- What are the key points presented in this Report?
- How will the information presented in this Report be used in the next steps of the Study?