- Until further notice, SR 302 near Victor has been reduced to a single lane with traffic being controlled by a signal. The speed limit is also reduced to 25 mph. These temporary measures will be in effect until dry weather allows crews to re-establish two lanes of traffic.
- Sign up for email updates about this project.
- This work is weather-dependent and requires seven consecutive days of dry weather.
- A new closure timeline has not been set.
Why is WSDOT
replacing two culverts under State Route 302 at milepost 4.5 in Mason County?
The culverts that run under this section of SR 302 are slowly moving downslope due to erosion. WSDOT will replace the two culverts and permanently affix them in place with a new structure. A permanent fix includes installing a structure that defends against erosion and replacing two culverts.
What can drivers expect?
A temporary speed reduction is currently in place over this section of roadway. Temporary patching will continue until construction of the permanent fix begins. Once construction begins, a full closure of SR 302 at milepost 4.5 will be required for approximately one week. Traffic will follow a detour.
The End Result
The new culverts and the structure which defends against erosion will save money on frequent maintenance costs.
Installing two new culverts and securing the adjacent slope will preserve the integrity of the highway and save money on frequent maintenance costs.
What is the project timeline?
- Summer 2016 - Project competitively bid. Project awarded to Active Construction, Inc.
- Fall 2016 - Construction to occur.
|Financial Data for PIN 330224A
||Amount ($ in thousands)
|2003 Gas Tax (Nickel Funding)
|2005 Gas Tax (TPA)
|Pre-Existing Funds (PEF)
Project signage will reflect the cost of construction engineering, project bid award and sales tax.
How can I get more information?
Claudia Bingham Baker
back to top