- Drivers are advised construction has required a temporary speed limit reduction on a portion of State Route 3 in Belfair. WSDOT has lowered the current 35 mph speed limit to 25 miles because of construction. The speed limit has been temporarily reduced between mileposts 25.3 and 26.6, which is the area near Belfair Elementary School and Northeast Clifton Lane. The reduced speed limit will continue until spring 2016.
- Sign up for email updates that provide construction related information for drivers.
- WSDOT contractor, Ceccanti, has crews building stormwater ponds, walls, and a new stream crossing at Romance Hill Road.
- This widening project will extend the center turn lane and provide paved shoulders and sidewalks on both sides of SR 3. The improvements are intended to be built in two separate stages.
- Stage 1 of the project will begin at milepost 25.36 (just south of Belfair Elementary School and Theler Center) to milepost 27.08 (Ridge Point Blvd.).
- The following lane restrictions are in place for when work requires traffic restrictions: Lane Restriction Hours (pdf 45 kb)
Why is WSDOT
widening SR 3 through Belfair?
Drivers routinely experience congestion, delay and sudden stops for left turns. This project will relieve congestion and improve safety for both the traveling public and pedestrians.
The End Result
The end result is a wider, safer highway with reduced congestion. Key new features include a full length two-way left turn lane, wider shoulders, and new sidewalks.
New stormwater treatment facilities will help to improve water quality in nearby waterways.
- Mobility - An improved, full-length left turn lane and revised access points (driveways) will reduce congestion and provide more efficient traffic movement.
- Safety - The project improves bicycle and pedestrian safety, improves lighting at intersections and reduces potential conflict points.
- Environment - New stormwater facilities will collect and treat highway run-off.
What is the project timeline?
- This project went out to competitive bidding April 13, 2015.
- The project was awarded May, 2015 to Ceccanti, Inc.
- Construction began July, 13 2015.
- The project will take two years to complete.
|Financial Data for PIN 300344D
||Amount ($ in thousands)
|2003 Gas Tax (Nickel Funding)
|2005 Gas Tax (TPA)
|Pre-Existing Funds (PEF)
Project signage will reflect the cost of construction engineering, project bid award and sales tax.
How can I get more information?
back to top