- See the Olympic Region Weekly Construction and Traffic Update report for current impacts to traffic.
- This widening project will extend the center turn lane and provide paved shoulders and sidewalks on both sides of SR 3. Based on funding availability and estimated costs, the improvements are intended to be conducted in two stages.
- Once construction begins, the following lane restrictions will be in place: Lane Restriction Hours (pdf 45 kb)
- Stage 1 of the project would begin at milepost 25.36 (just south of Belfair Elementary School and Theler Center) to milepost 27.08 (Ridge Point Blvd.) Current project funding is adequate to construct this stage based on current estimates.
- Stage 2 of the project from milepost 24.91 (intersection with SR 106) to milepost 25.36 (just south of Belfair Elementary and Theler Center) is unfunded at this time.
Why is WSDOT
widening SR 3 through Belfair?
Drivers routinely experience congestion, delay and sudden stops for left turns. This project will relieve congestion and improve safety for both the traveling public and pedestrians.
The End Result
The end result is a wider, safer highway with reduced congestion. Key new features include a full length two-way left turn lane, wider shoulders, and new sidewalks.
New stormwater treatment facilities will help to improve water quality in nearby waterways.
- Mobility - An improved, full-length left turn lane and revised access points (driveways) will reduce congestion and provide more efficient traffic movement.
- Safety - The project improves bicycle and pedestrian safety, improves lighting at intersections and reduces potential conflict points.
- Environment - New stormwater facilities will collect and treat highway run-off.
What is the project timeline?
This project went out to competitive bidding April 13, 2015.
Construction is scheduled to begin in spring 2015. Once construction begins, the project will take two years to complete.
|Financial Data for PIN 300344D
||Amount ($ in thousands)
|2003 Gas Tax (Nickel Funding)
|2005 Gas Tax (TPA)
|Pre-Existing Funds (PEF)
Project signage will reflect the cost of construction engineering, project bid award and sales tax.
How can I get more information?
back to top