Skip Top Navigation Skip to Content
1935-The original ferry across the Columbia River. The "Keller" was a cable ferry with a motor pulling the boat along a cable that spanned the width of the river.The L.A. McLeod was launched in 1939. This was a "side-wheeler."The L.A. McLeod slides into the river in 1939.L.A. McLeod in 1939.L.A. McLeod in 1941.In 1944, the "San Poil" barge was pushed across the river with a tugboat, the "Ann of Wilbur."The "Martha S." on her maiden voyage in 1948.The Martha S. crossing in 2002.The Martha S. must undergo a full Coast Guard drydock inspection every five years. This is the boat on the drydock ramp near Grand Coulee Dam in 2002.