What was the project timeline?
The study concluded with the publication of the final route development plan December 2007. The following are major milestones and dates.
- September 2004 – December 2004: Developed immediate-term list of projects.
- September 2004 – March 2005: Developed short-term and long-term projects.
- March 2005: Held first round of open houses.
- March 2005 – August 2005: Evaluated and refined projects.
- October 2005: Held second round of open houses.
- Summer 2006: Completed recommendations and developed the route development plan.
- Fall 2006 to Summer 2007: Edited draft route development plan.
- Summer 2007: Distributed draft of the route development plan to corridor working group for comment.
- Summer 2007 - Fall 2007: WSDOT conducted an internal review and approval of revised draft plan.
- December of 2007: WSDOT completed the final route development plan.