- Rehabilitation of a seven mile-section of the rail line continues with funding from the 2011 and 2012 Freight Rail Assistance Program.
- The project was complete in June 2013.
Continued the rehabilitation of the track between Rye Junction and Battle Ground, which will enhance safety and freight mobility. Crews replaced ties and ballast, serviced rail joints, replaced light weight rail with heavier rail, and rehabilitated the timber crossing at State Pipe.
| Economic Incentive
The line currently serves companies shipping industrial machinery and dairy products. These improvements strengthen the viability of the line to maintain current shippers and attract new business.
Partnerships & Cooperation
This project is funded through the following sources:
- 2009 Freight Rail Assistance Program - $366,813
- Multimodal Transportation Account - $1,000,000
- Local match funding - $136,682
- 2011 Freight Rail Assistance Program - $455,000
- 2012 Freight Rail Assistance Program - $200,000
Total funding from all sources - $2,158,495
Cameron Harper, P.E.
WSDOT State Rail and Marine Office
PO Box 47407
Olympia, WA 98504-7407
back to top