The following are links to WSDOT reports and information on quieter pavement.
- Quieter Pavements: Options and Challenges for Washington State – WSDOT summary of noise characteristics and pavement performance of quieter pavements
- Quieter Pavements FAQ (December 2, 2005)
- Quieter Pavements Update: September 9, 2005
- OGFC Work Plan – Experimental Feature Work Plan for Federal Highway Administrations participation in construction and performance (noise and pavement) evaluation of open-graded friction courses
- OGFC Special Provision – Special Provision for Modification to Standard Specification for Hot Mix Asphalt
- Experimental Feature Report on I-5 Test Section – WSDOT research report (WA-RD 683) on the design, construction, testing, and evaluation of the I-5 test section (March 2008 – 91 pages)
- Experimental Feature Report on SR-520 Test Section – WSDOT research report (WA-RD 691) on the design, construction, testing, and evaluation of the SR-520 test section (March 2008 – 56 pages)
- Quieter Pavement Noise Update – Report that includes lane-by-lane analysis of the latest noise and pavement condition data for both the I-5 and SR-520 test sections (February 2009 – 13 pages)
- Test Section Summary Descriptions – Excerpts from the research reports that summarize the location, weather, mix design, and construction information for both the I-5 and SR-520 test sections (February 2009 – 8 pages)
The following are links to quieter pavement studies and reports conducted by other states and organizations.
American Concrete Pavement Association