This preservation project paved 10.6 miles of the right lane heading eastbound between Vantage and George. The eastbound outside lane needed to be restored due to pavement deterioration. Construction began June 2nd and was complete on July 25, 2008
- Provides a smoother driving surface.
- More than 158 thousand feet of new reflective painted striping was included in the project.
- Almost 15 thousand feet of plastic striping was installed along with 8,900 shoulder recessed pavement markers.
| Economic Incentive
The project extends the life of the roadway, preventing further deterioration at the least possible "life cycle" cost.
Partnerships & Cooperation
This project was advertised for private contractor bids on September 24th and bids were opened on October 25th. Contract #7419 was awarded to Central Washington Asphalt on October 29th, 2007 for $1,359,595.95, 9% under the engineering estimate.
This project is funded through the following sources:
- Pre-Existing Gas Tax - $2.1 million
- Total funding from all sources - $2.1 million
Project Engineer Eric Pierson
WSDOT North Central Region
P.O. Box 98
Wenatchee, WA 98807
Phone: (509) 667-2870 or
toll free (888) 461-8816
back to top