Average number of vehicles using I-5 between Spokane Street and I-90 on a weekday.
- Southbound I-5: 134,000
- Northbound I-5: 126,000
- Total: 260,000
- Total number of lanes on northbound I-5: 5 lanes
- Lanes closed during first half of 19 day closure: 2 of 5 lanes
- Lanes closed during second half of 19 day closure: 3 of 5 lanes (4 of 5 from midnight to 5 a.m.)
- Number of on-ramps and off-ramps closed periodically from August 10 through 29: 5, including Spokane Street, Columbian Way and Fourth Avenue South.
For one weekend drivers on northbound I-5 will be unable to access the northbound on-ramp to I-90 and exits to Dearborn, James and Madison streets. James and Madison streets exits will remain accessible from westbound I-90 or eastbound SR 519.
Drivers should also expect additional nighttime closures of these ramps.
- Number of bridge joints replaced on northbound I-5: 34 joints
- Length of northbound joints in feet: 2162
- Square feet of paving: 380,000 (8 3/4 acres)
- Number of bolts needed for southbound joint repair: 700
- Cubic feet of concrete required for paving: between 38,000 and 56,000
- Estimated total project cost for design and construction: $15.5 million
- Ranking of the I-5/I-90 interchange in 2004 list of America's worst bottlenecks by the American Highway Users Alliance: 18