The SR 509 project received $30 million as part of the “Transportation Partnership Program” enacted for transportation by the 2005 Washington State Legislature. This funding has been used to:
- Advance Preliminary Design for the initial phase.
- Purchase select pieces of the right of way needed for the SR 509 project.
- Fund the construction of early environmental mitigation projects, including the corridor wetland mitigation site.
In order to complete the right of way purchases, design and roadway construction, an additional $975 to $995 million of funding is needed (in future expenditure dollars).
In 2003 the SR 509 project received $35 million as part of the “Nickel Funding Package” enacted for transportation by the 2003 Washington State Legislature. This funding has been used to:
- Advance preliminary design.
- Purchase select pieces of right of way.
- Fund Marine View Drive Bridge Construction and SeaTac International Boulevard Phase IV projects.