Week of December 2
Monday, December 2 to the morning of Friday, December 6 -The right lane of southbound I-5 in Mountlake Terrace from 52nd Avenue West to Northeast 195th Street will be closed from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. for permanent striping and lane marker work.
Why is WSDOT
repaving southbound I-5 in Lynnwood and nearby ramps?
The pavement along this section of I-5 and on nearby on- and off-ramps is wearing down after years of heavy traffic. It's showing signs of deterioration and rutting, and needs to be resurfaced. In order to reduce annual maintenance and repair costs, and to keep the freeway open for daily drivers and freight haulers, the old pavement needs to be replaced.
WSDOT will grind down the old pavement, repair damaged areas and repave southbound I-5 from 52nd. Ave. W in Lynnwood and to SR 104 in Shoreline. We will also repave the on- and off-ramps at SR 104, 236th St. and at 220th St. SW.
The End Result
This project will extend the useful life of the pavement and improve safety for the approximately 165,000 drivers who use this stretch of I-5 daily.
- This project will extend the useful life of the pavement by approximately 20 years.
- New reflective lane markings will improve visibility for drivers, especially during adverse weather.
What is the project timeline?
- Fall/winter 2012 - This project was designed
- March 2013 - This project was advertised for competitive bid
- On April 1, this project was awarded to Granite Construction Company in the amount of $3.62 million.
- Monday, May 20 - The project began.
- Fall 2013 - We expect to complete the project.
|Financial Data for PIN 100530F, 100532F
||Amount ($ in thousands)
|2003 Gas Tax (Nickel Funding)
|2005 Gas Tax (TPA)
|Pre-Existing Funds (PEF)
Project signage will reflect the cost of construction engineering, project bid award and sales tax.
How can I get more information?
WSDOT Project Engineer
back to top