We lengthened and improved four I-5 on-ramps in Bellingham:
- Exit 252: Northbound Samish Way on-ramp
- Exit 253: Southbound Lakeway Drive on-ramp
- Exit 254: Northbound Iowa Street on-ramp
- Exit 255: Southbound Sunset Drive on-ramp
Work was completed June 2012.
Improvements to the ramps will help reduce the number of collisions and injuries for drivers entering and exiting the interstate.
Improving the ramps will allow this stretch of interstate to carry more people, freight and vehicles efficiently as the region continues to grow.
| Protects Environment
While reconstructing the ramps, we will upgrade culverts and ditches to help minimize erosion during large storms. We will also build stormwater treatment facilities to filter contaminants out of highway stormwater.
Partnerships & Cooperation
This project was funded through the following sources:
- 2005 gas tax (Transportation Partnership Account Funding) - $15 million
- Pre-existing funds: $316,000
- Total funding available from all sources - $15.3 million
Communications, Dustin Terpening
1043 Goldenrod Road, Suite 101
Burlington, WA 98223
Project Engineer Chris Damitio
460 Stuart Road
Bellingham, WA 98226
back to top