This P-1 Roadway Preservation project chip sealed 36 miles on five highways in Chelan, Douglas, Grant, and Adams Counties.
- 4 miles of SR 207 North of Coles Corner in Chelan County
- 9 miles of SR 28 from Quincy to West of Crescent Bar in Grant and Douglas Counties
- 2 miles of SR 281 Spur near George in Grant County
- 17 miles of SR 17 from Lind Coulee to the Scooteney Reservoir in Grant and Adams Counties
The project updated safety features including new striping, centerline rumble strips and reflective pavement markers.
This project also included I-2 spot safety improvements to the intersection of SR 17 and Bench Road, adding protected left turn lanes and illumination.
Provides dedicated turning lanes and illumination at Bench Road.
| Protects Environment
| Economic Incentive
Extends the pavement life
Provides a smoother ride
Partnerships & Cooperation
Work was scheduled to avoid conflict with local events, holidays and harvests for each location.
|Financial Data for PIN 201701L, 202800X, 220700C, 228100C|
||Amount ($ in thousands)|
|2003 Gas Tax (Nickel Funding)
|2005 Gas Tax (TPA)
|Pre-Existing Funds (PEF)
Contract #8711 was awarded to Central Washington Asphalt, Inc. of Moses Lake for $3,573,055.73 on February 23, 2015, 9% under the engineering estimate.
Kevin Waligorski, Project Engineer
WSDOT North Central Region Project Office
2830 Euclid Avenue Building A
Wenatchee, WA 98801-5916
(509) 667-2860, or toll-free 1-888-461-8816
back to top